2023 Race Update - £29,500 Raised!
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL AND FUN DAY WE ALL HAD
We are pleased to announce that the 2023 Coracle Race raised £29,500 for Macmilan Cancer Support! A total that's far exceeded our expectations, considering the current financial pressures.
A huge thanks to the 38 Teams that took part in a wonderful afternoon of racing. On behalf of Macmillan Cancer Support we are so incredibly grateful to you, as well as our sponsors Invertek Drives, our loyal supporters and the Macmillan Volunteers for making it a record breaking day!
For the third year in a row the world title was won in a world record time. This year by Team Tit-Tanic in a massively impressive 4m 21s!
Top fundraisers, and winners of the Richard Bayliss Trophy, are Pickstock Homes, with a whopping £4200 - view their award ceremony picture on the Team Fundraising page and the 2023 Race Gallery section, along with those of the top three teams in the race, plus the best fancy dress team - MIDDAS Interior Solutions.
And we look forward to doing it all again next year - Friday 13th September 2024.
Take part in the quirkiest, craziest boat race in the UK (probably the world!)
Enter a team for the Coracle World Championships in Shrewsbury and have a great afternoon of Coracle chaos with your workmates, colleagues or friends. You'll also be helping to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The Coracle Race. In a nutshell...
- The Coracle World Championships race takes place on a Friday afternoon in September, on the River Severn at the Pengwern Boat Club
- Up to 48 Teams, comprising four people in each team, relay-race across the river in coracles - single person, circular boats with one oar to steer and paddle
- After several heats, quarter finals and semi finals, the winners of the final race become World Champions! And, it's all in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Team Registration for the race is £300 (for 4 people) and we ask each Team to additionally fundraise as much as possible to boost the funds. The 2023 Race raised £29,500! And to date, since the start of this crazy event, it has raised over £380,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support in Shropshire
- It's a brilliant day of fun and Coracle chaos. There's food and beverages (a bar too), plus lot's more.
More information about the Coracle Race
We help your team to fundraise. A Macmillan fundraising page is automatically created for you when you Register.MORE INFO
Race Day Details
Practice begins around midday, racing starts at 2.00pm. Presentations finish about 6.30pm in the Boat House pub.MORE INFO
Get your company logo printed on the Team bibs, or take out advertising space in our Race Day booklet.MORE INFO
This is our 16th year of racing and in that time we've raised about £350,000 for Macmillan Cancer support!MORE INFO
Many Teams wear fancy dress and some are amazingly creative. The racing too is usually chaotic and fun. Take a look...GALLERY
Sponsors & Supporters
Where would we be without the valuable input of our main sponsors and those that help make the day fun and safe.MORE INFO
Macmillan Cancer Support
We've supported Macmillan Cancer Support since 2007, and in turn they provide us with assistance in the Team Registration and Team Fundraising process. Although there should be no need of an introduction, here's a summary and a video about this charity, which is close to so many hearts. Also shown below are two documents for download which may be of interest.
What Macmillan do...
Macmillan Cancer Support is here to do whatever it takes to support people living with cancer.
SERVICES: Provide services for people living with cancer at every stage of the experience. We are here to provide emotional, practical, and financial support.
RAISING MONEY: We're 98% funded by voluntary donations. Fundraising is essential to make sure we can deliver the vital support people need.
SUPPORT: We provide healthcare professionals with up-to-date resources, tools, information, and training to help them to support people living with cancer.
Plus, so much more.
Find out more about Macmillan and the incredible work they do by viewing the video, or click/tap the button below for their website and full information.MORE INFO